Migration of an Enterprise Microsoft Exchange messaging architecture to the latest version and new high availability messaging architecture utilizing Database Availability Group (DAG) across multiple datacenters.
- Client : Government Agency
- Category : Exchange Server, Microsoft On Premise Servers
- Location : Bandar Seri Begawan, BRUNEI
- Reviewed and finalized requirements, project scope, project team members, project constraints, project risks and redefined project time line and milestones.
- Formulated and reviewed vision scope document with project team.
- Conducted current environment review, specifically existing directory service, DNS, DHCP, Exchange messaging system, network environment and desktop operating environment.
- Designed new Microsoft Exchange Server Enterprise architecture design with Database Availability Group (DAG) for high availability.
- Designed new e-mail routing topology, Exchange administration policy,
- Formulated migration and coexistence strategy to migrate users’ mailboxes from the existing messaging system to the new Microsoft Exchange Server with DAG messaging system.
- Formulated and reviewed Exchange architecture design document with project team.
- Built and deployed new MS Exchange Server architecture with DAG in datacenter and Disaster Recovery Center (DRC).
- Deployed three (3) multirole MS Exchange servers (CAS+MBX) in one (1) DAG set across datacenter and DRC.
- Conducted legacy and new messaging architecture coexistence pilot.
- Conducted mailbox migration from legacy Exchange to the new high availability Exchange architecture.
- Monitored and stabilized the new high availability Exchange messaging architecture.
- Decommissioned legacy Exchange messaging system.
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft DNS
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Microsoft Exchange Server